Thursday, April 15, 2010

AMG CLK DTM

Speaking of rock star-sized paychecks, check out this Mercedes AMG CLK DTM! I'm actually shocked I got the chance to see one in person! Only about 100 of these super coupes were made, and to the best of my knowledge, none of them ever made it to the U.S. Whoever owns this car in Japan has some serious cash.

Of course, I couldn't talk to the owner of this car (knowing my luck, it's probably owned by some super-scary yakuza-type dude). But I can go onto the 'net and grab some quick facts for you.

The AMG CLK DTM comes powered by a 582 horsepower supercharged V8 and can hit 100 km/h (about 62 mph) in just under 4 seconds. Lightweight bucket seats, a C-pillar brace and more race-inspired stuff have a home in the car's cockpit. Outside, a DTM-inspired (and functional) body kit, carbon fiber wing, 20-inch wheels (19s in the front) and a sport-tuned suspension round off the package. All in all, it's a super-bitchin' car, and I'll probably never ever see one again. So I took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment